This show-stopping Snickers Cheesecake Cake is definitely meant for special occasions! It’s so sweet you may get a tooth-ache! 😉 If you love decadent desserts be sure to head on over and look at my Piggy Pie Dessert!
Snickers Cheesecake Cake
Layers of chocolate cake, snickers cheesecake, fudge sauce, caramel, whipped topping, and snickers candy, of course, make up this Snickers Cheesecake Cake! Think it’s a mouthful to say? Just wait until you try a bite!
Snickers Cheesecake Cake Recipe
There is a heck of a lot going on with this Snickers® Cheesecake Recipe, but it actually all went pretty smoothly. There are four parts to this recipe that all come together to satisfy the sweetest tooth–the snickers cheesecake, the chocolate cake, the ganache, and the Snickers frosting. (Also, feel free to use a box mix for the chocolate cake to save a step; I recommend a Dark Chocolate.)
Cheesecake Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Eggs–Out of eggs? Check out some Egg Substitutes to try in this recipe!
- Fun-sized Snickers candy bars
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Eggs–Don’t forget about the Egg Substitutes if you need them!
- Vanilla extract
- Freshly brewed hot coffee (or hot water)
- Milk chocolate morsels
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Fun-size Snickers bars
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Whipped cream
- Extra Snickers bars
I recently had a conversation and it went something like this:
“What? What is it?”
“IT’S SPILLING EVERYWHERE!”
Yes, it most definitely is. But I could not help myself. It was magical, that spilling forth of sugary sweet rich chocolate ganache and Snickers® frosting. Yes, I said Snickers frosting. Poured on a cake. A cake with a Snickers cheesecake inside. Sandwiched between layers of dark chocolate cake. Then, it’s topped with whipped cream and more chocolate ganache and Snickers frosting. I think this cake ranks right up there with one of the most over-the-top I have ever made. And I have made a few, my friends.
So, how does it all come together?
How to Make Snickers Cheesecake Cake
The first step in this recipe is to make the Snickers cheesecake. The cheesecake will have to chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before you can assemble the rest of the cake. So, to get started in the cheesecake, preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare an 8-inch springform pan by spraying it with nonstick spray and lining it with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese and mix on medium-low for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the sugar and eggs, beating until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the stand and stir in the chopped candy bars.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until set.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely before placing it into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
How to Make Chocolate Cake
You will need two 8-inch round cake pans for the chocolate cake. The Snickers cheesecake will be sandwiched in between the chocolate cake layers. To make the chocolate cake, preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare the two round cake pans. The last ingredient you add to the chocolate cake is the coffee. Don’t worry about it tasting like coffee…it won’t! But, if you are not a coffee drinker, and don’t have any around the house, just use hot water. Once the cake is done baking, let it cool in the pans for about half an hour. After the cakes have cooled, place them on a cooling rack until completely cooled (about an hour). There are only a couple more steps before you can put together all the sweetness of this cake. Once the cheesecake has chilled and the chocolate cakes are baked and cooled, get out a saucepan to make the frosting and chocolate ganache. Once you have those made, it’s time to assemble the cake!
How to Assemble a Snickers Cheesecake Cake
It’s finally time to put each step together to make this awesomely sweet Snickers Cheesecake Cake. Here we go!
- Place one 8-inch layer of chocolate cake on a cake stand.
- Carefully place the cheesecake on top of that.
- Set the other layer of 8-inch cake on top of the cheesecake.
- Pour warm ganache over the cake and allow to spill over the sides. This is a THICK ganache: if that bothers you at all feel free to add milk or heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, to reach your desired consistency.
- Right after you have poured the ganache, gently spoon the Snickers frosting over the cake. This is much thinner and will run over the sides faster, so go slow and get a feel for how you want the cake to look.
- Using an open star tip, pipe out dollops of whipped cream (I just used cool whip) around the edge of the cake.
- Using a fork (or a piping bag with a very small round tip) drizzle more ganache and frosting over the cake.
- Insert a piece of candy bar into the top of each whipped cream dollop. Chill until ready to serve.
You will have some ganache and Snickers frosting left over, but I have a recipe coming up that I think will be the perfect use for those leftovers. Just in case I don’t get them posted in the next couple of days here are a couple of ways to use it:
- Ice cream
- Any cake
- With a spoon
I am here to help folks.
This cake is seriously amazing. I know I say that all the time, but that’s because I can’t tell a lie. 😉
Looking for More Decadent Desserts?
- 2 packages (16 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups (about 16) “funsize” Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 x-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee, can substitute hot water
- 1 package (12 ounces) milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 9 Snickers candy bars, fun-size
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped Cream I used Cool Whip®
- 4 Snickers candy bars, chopped for garnish
Preheat the oven to 325°F.
Prepare an 8-inch springform pan by spraying with bakers spray and lining with parchment.
Place cream cheese into bowl of stand mixer. Mix on medium-low speed for 30 seconds. Add in sugar and eggs and beat until smooth.
Remove the bowl from the stand and stir in chopped candy bars by hand.
Pour the filling into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until set.
Set the pie on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before assembling the cake.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare two 8-inch round cake pans. (Line with parchment paper, then butter and flour the pans, or spray with baking spray).
Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on low speed until combined.
In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer still on low, add the coffee (or hot water) and stir just to combine, scraping the sides and the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350°F, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Pour water to a depth of 3 inches into the bottom of a medium saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium; place chocolate and salt in top of the pan over the simmering water.
Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until melted.
Add sweetened condensed milk and stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes or until blended and smooth. Remove from heat; add butter and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth.
Melt Snickers bars with 1 stick butter in a saucepan over very low heat. (about five minutes) Once melted, remove from heat and add
Once melted, remove from heat and add confectioners’ sugar (starting with 3 cups and adding more only if frosting seems too runny). Then add the milk.
Whisk until smooth.
Assembling the Snickers Cheesecake Cake
Place one 8-inch layer of chocolate cake on a cake stand. Carefully place the cheesecake on top of that.
Set the other layer of 8-inch cake on top of the cheesecake.
Pour warm ganache over the cake and allow to spill over the sides. This is a THICK ganache: if that bothers you at all feel free to add milk or heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, to reach your desired consistency.
Right after you have poured the ganache, gently spoon the Snickers frosting over the cake. This is much thinner and will run over the sides faster, so go slow and get a feel for how you want the cake to look.
Using an open star tip, pipe out dollops of whipped cream (I just used cool whip) around the edge of the cake.
Using a fork (or a piping bag with a very small round tip) drizzle more ganache and frosting over the cake. Insert a piece of candy bar into the top of each whipped cream dollop. Chill until ready to serve.
Snickers Cheesecake Cake was shared on: Cakes – i am baker
Snickers Cheesecake Cake