Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake is a dessert that is as easy to make as it is delicious! Lemon pie filling is covered with white chocolate, cream cheese, and lemon cake mix, topped with butter for a perfectly baked summertime treat! Try my Blueberry Dump Cake for another easy to make dessert.
Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake
I have always said that the genius who decided to dump a bunch of dessert staples into a pan and see what happens next deserves an award. That person is my hero. Dump cakes are a dream recipe for busy people. This Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake is no exception. With the added white chocolate and cream cheese in the mix, it is a wonderful addition to my list of dump cake recipes!
Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake Recipe
In just about five minutes, you can get all these ingredients ‘dumped’ into a pan and walk away as it bakes, which makes this a wonderful weeknight, or anytime, dessert!
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Lemon pie filling
- White chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
- Lemon cake mix
How to Make Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake
You hear me talking a lot about “your recipe is only as good as your ingredients” and most cases, that is my primary rule of thumb. This dessert is designed for ease. So, in this case, you won’t hear me say that. For this Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake recipe, you need just your favorite brands of the five listed ingredients.
To make the dump cake, grease a 12-inch, oven-safe skillet. You can also use a 9×9-inch baking pan or 9×13-inch pan.
- Pour the lemon pie filling into the bottom of the pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Add the white chocolate chips and cream cheese cubes on top of the pie filling.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over everything, making sure to get it all the way to the edges.
- Place the pads of butter on top and bake for about an hour, or until the topping is golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling.
Top with some homemade whipped cream!
Can You Make a Crockpot Dump Cake?
You can and you should! It is literally the exact same recipe and instructions, except you use a crockpot instead of the skillet and an oven.
For this method, you will put the lemon pie filling in the bottom of a greased crockpot, add the white chocolate chips and cream cheese, and then top with the cake and butter. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Looking for More Lemon Desserts?
- 1 can (16 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a 12-inch skillet (or greased 9×9 or 9×13-inch baking dish), add the lemon pie filling.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the pie filling.
- Add the cubed cream cheese, spreading them out evenly.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the top, being careful to cover all of the pie filling.
- Slice the butter into small pads (about 16) and spread them out evenly over the top of the cake mixture. Bake for 1 hour or until the topping is golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling.
Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake
VISIT I AM BAKER FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES